Please Note: Paper must be hung with a high-quality pre-mixed tub paste adhesive by a professional decorator. Failure to use a tub paste adhesive negates all manufacturer and distributor responsibility.
- Determine whether your rolls are ‘paste the paper’, ‘paste the wall’ or ‘pre-pasted’.
- Check the rolls are undamaged and all have the same batch reference.
- Do you have enough rolls to complete the job?
- All rolls must be checked for shade variation and faults before hanging.
- Check the direction of the design, as some will come off the roll ‘upside down’. Always check against the pattern book.
- Check labelling to see if your paper needs to be ‘Reverse’ hung.
Tub paste is a pre-mixed product with a PVA base. It is low in water content and high in tack providing the installer with good movement on the wall. It can be used for both conventional wallpapers or for non-woven 'paste the wall' product. Tub paste is often a thick consistency and using an electric drill piece is the perfect way to ensure it is stirred adequately. Tub paste can be diluted up to 10% without compromising stickability. Once tub paste is open its shelf life is 1-2 days. Please refer to tub for ‘use by’ date.
Correct preparation is crucial in achieving a satisfactory installation.
- Do not hang wallpaper on a wall with a history of damp.
- Walls should be clean, firm, dry and free from dust.
- Roughen any painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- Remove any existing wallpaper and fill any imperfections with a sandable filler.
- Lining paper should be hung horizontally and allowed to dry completely.
- Ensure that the same adhesive is used to hang both the lining paper and the wallpaper.
- When a sealer is used, sand entire surface with 80 grit sandpaper to give a good adequate key.
- Size the entire surface with a size recommended by the manufacturer.
- Tub paste can be used as a size – diluted appropriately.
FOR DARKER WALLPAPERS
We recommend that a matching crayon or marker be used to avoid white edges showing. The lining paper may also be coloured with matching emulsion paint along the areas of paper joints before the paper is hung.
FOR WHITE/LIGHTER TONE WALLPAPERS
The surface should be coated with an oil-based sealer, this will avoid ghosting or show through (this is where darker marks on the surface show through the paper).
FOR HIGH GLOSS WALLPAPERS
To ensure a smooth finish, take additional care preparing the walls perfectly. Any imperfections left on the wall surface may be accentuated when using high gloss wallpaper.
TO MINIMISE SHRINK BACK
- Ensure surface preparation is thorough.
- Adhesive application is correct.
- Do not force the drying process with heat.
Papers can be spongeable, washable or scrubbable. Refer to the label around the roll for durability specifications. Use a damp cloth or soft brush and mild soap taking care at the joints. Do not use household cleaners.
After hanging 2 to 3 lengths, allow time for drying.
Inspect the results to ensure that no shading or other faults are present.
NO CLAIM FOR HANGING COSTS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR GOODS HUNG IN EXCESS OF ONE ROLL.
Within two years of purchase our wallpaper or PVC tub paste, we will replace any wallpaper/paste that is found to be faulty as a result of manufacturing defects and has been:
- Manufactured to industry standard practices and procedures.
- Read and followed the recommended wallpaper hanging instructions as set out in our price list
- Maintained in accordance with care instructions shown around each roll for durability specifications.
- Consult a professional if needing specific hanging instructions E.G murals.
- Protected from sunlight damage
- Not subjected to a third party after treatment.
Warranties are extended to the invoiced purchaser only. Any claims must be made via the invoiced purchaser